DERIVED Binary Options 2.0 : Bug Bounty Program Launch Details
- Sign up before May 19th on Bug Bounty Interest Sign up form to get on the tester list. Everyone who signs up gets to participate, no FCFS or competition.
- Make sure to join Discord channel and Telegram to be eligible (and allow us to add you in special group)
- A total allocation of 5,000,000 DVDX + 5,000 USDC is reserved as a reward for testers.
An introduction guide to the Bug Bounty Program
The Derived Finance Binary Options 2.0 Testnet will be published on the BSC Testnet before migrating to the main net. At this critical stage of releasing a new platform, it’s important to get the community involved to test the BO platform and earn some rewards in the process. In this blog post, you’ll learn how to test your platform and participate in the bug bounty program.
The Testnet allows community to test the new platform and try to break things without any financial loss or worries. It will be crucial stage for the team to fix all the critical bugs before the launch. A total allocation of 5,000,000 DVDX + 5,000 USDC is reserved as a reward for testers.
Issues, when reproduced, will be divided into the following categories:
These issues are more suggestions for improvement than actual bugs
10,000–50,000 DVDX reward
These issues impact usability of the BO that can cause inconvenience to the platform including UI bugs or bugs that don’t break the code but affect functionality
100,000–200,000 DVDX reward
These issues have a seriously impact the BO platform that breaks the complete functionality
200,000–1,000,000 DVDX + up to 500 USDC reward
These issues have a major impact on the BO and/or potential loss of user’s funds
1,000,000 DVDX + up to 2,000 USDC reward
How to participate in the bug bounty
The bug bounty program is open to all and does not require you to have any special qualification. We want to involve as many people as possible to test the platform before the launch. However, the interested participants will still be required to sign up on this form to show their interest in testing the platform. The Bug Bounty Interest Sign up form will be available only till May 19th 2022. Make sure to join our Discord channel or Telegram Group as our team will be there to assist you in case of any issues. Only users who sign up before the cut-off date and have joined both Discord and Telegram channel, will be given access to the platform to test the platform. There is no max limit on sign ups so everyone who signs up will be accepted to the program.
A Public Bug list will be created and all reported bugs will be posted in the list after the program starts. All person should be able to view the list to see if their bug is already reported before reporting any bug.
Some guidelines to report bugs are given below:
- Visit public bug bounty list (updated daily)
- Check to see if the bug has not been reported yet (if it has already been reported, it does not make sense to report it again).
- Be sure to document the procedure that caused the problem so that you can easily reproduce the problem. Include information about the tested environment (mobile, desktop, computer type, internet speed, internet browser, etc.).
- Take value-added screenshots and videos. In general, add as much meaningful information as possible (tested network, transaction ID, etc.). Use common sense and don’t give too much (personal information, etc.). Always pay attention to what you include in the screenshot and avoid adding any personal information like wallet seed words etc.
- Make sure to use fresh wallet to test the platform. For testing you will need testnet BSC that can be requested from this link. Platform USDC will be sent to the address given by you in the Bug Bounty Interest Sign up form.
Don’t be ashamed if you don’t “get it” immediately. Don’t hesitate to join our Discord Channel and ask your questions, there will always be someone available that is more than happy to help you out.
About Derived Finance
Derived is a Decentralized Multi-Chain Asset Protocol giving users access to trade Stocks, Commodities, Forex, or Crypto on a single platform. Derived offers several unique features such as No slippage DEX, Leveraged minting, Hybrid tokens, and Binary options.